Thursday, December 30, 2010

Read a free sample of our eBook of the Day, The Father's Child, by Mark Adair, without leaving your browser!


Here's the set-up for Mark Adair's The Father's Child:

John Truman, a bright, introverted, college student belongs to the New Dawn...he just doesn't know it yet

The 300-year-old, Oxford-based, secret society designed him, created him, and built their organization to interface with him. They cannot survive without him; he cannot survive without them. All he wants is to get through today; all they want...is to rule the world.

Reviewer D.J. Bowd says:  "Adair is a master at witty dialogs, artful descriptions and teasing the reader with seeds of fore-shadowing. The story is filled with twists and turns, and fun surprises from beginning to end; a masterful plot that continues to develop all the way to an exciting and unexpected conclusion.  Buckle up, fire up your Kindle, and enjoy the ride!"

From the Author:

When I first began "The Father's Child" I had only the idea of a socially-challenged college guy named John Truman who had some interesting friends. Not knowing where the story or the characters might be going, I slowly churned out a chapter here and there. A few chapters and a couple months into it the idea for the New Dawn, a secret Oxford society, formed. Like the proverbial light bulb going on I understood the characters and their mission in life. Everything fit together.

I wrote the first draft in about ten months. After feedback from critique friends and my inner-critiquer, I reworked and rewrote 5 or 6 more times before I thought it was acceptable. A few more rewrites and I started thinking "this is pretty darn good." I still remember the time I read through the last several chapters without slowing down. Obviously, I knew the plot and the characters intimately. Even so I found myself caught up in the story and the lives of those involved.

Cheers!

And here, right in the comfort of your own browser, is your free sample:


No comments:

Post a Comment