Saturday, February 19, 2011

A very young war widow -- and her infant child -- are torn between two very different suitors in our eBook of the Day, Margaret Lake's World War I romance Listen to Your Heart - Just 99 cents on Kindle! ... and here's a free sample



In the aftermath of World War I, a very young widow struggles to steer clear of scandal and provide the best life for her infant daughter. Can Lena Manning resist the attentions of a scion of New York wealth and privilege?

Here's the set-up for Margaret Lake's WW I historical romance, Listen To Your Heart, priced for a limited time at just 99 cents on Kindle:

World War I has already taken her young husband, and Lena Manning is barely 20 years old with a baby on the way. Her church takes care of her, gives her employment and wraps her in its secure world. When the bishop appoints a new pastor, a young, handsome widower, she is forced to seek other employment to avoid any hint of scandal. 

Her new job as social secretary to the wife of a wealthy New York banker thrusts her into a seductive world of money and privilege. When the son of the house pursues her, he awakens feelings she thought long dead. 

Can she survive his secrets or will fear send her running back to the security of her church and the pastor who waits for her there?

Read More Historical Fiction by Margaret Lake -- Just 99 cents to $2.99 each:
A Note From the Author to Her Fellow Kindle Readers:

I was born in New Jersey (practically lived on the beach), but moved to Florida when I was 13. Reading has always been my favorite activity, even as a child. I've been downsizing and have probably donated 5,000 books in the past several years. I still have seven book cases crammed full and I can't even count how many on my Kindle.

My other passion is history, especially English History. I think my interest really began when I read "Catherine" by Anya Seton. When the inspiration came to write my first book, I naturally gravitated to the Wars of the Roses because of that book. 

--Margaret Lake

And here, in the comfort of your own browser, is your free sample:

No comments:

Post a Comment