Sheet Music: Uncovering the Secrets of Sexual Intimacy in Marriage by Dr. Kevin Leman
Prayer by Philip Yancey
Light of Eidon (Legends of the Guardian-King, Book 1) by Karen Hancock
A Proper Pursuit by Lynn Austin
- "Free" in the Kindle Store refers, for now, to the price for download to US-based Kindles. Amazon adds charges for Kindles based beyond US borders.
- Originally posted to iPad Nation Daily 5.5.2010.
Click here (or type "ipad nation daily" in your Kindle's Kindle Store search field) to have Free Book Alerts pushed directly to your Kindle 24/7 with a 14-day free trial to the Kindle edition of iPad Nation Daily, the #1 top iPad blog in the Kindle Store.
The best way to find out about these free listings right away, when they occur, is to subscribe to the Kindle edition of iPad Nation Daily, which pushes iPad Nation Daily Free Book Alerts directly to your Kindle Home screen 24/7. And in the case of many free listings that disappear within a matter of hours or days, "right away" is often just in time.
No Kindle Required: Whether you are a long-time Kindle owner or you've just acquired an iPad and are filling it with ebooks for the first time or you are reading Kindle books on a PC, Mac, BlackBerry, iPhone or iPad Touch, you can get any and all of these titles absolutely free on your Kindle-compatible device of choice! Click here to download a free Kindle App for your device.
Here are our other updated free promotional iPad-compatible listings in the Kindle Store as of May 10:
Colters' Wife, an erotic western romance novella by Maya Banks. Banks is a good example of a prolific author who has hit the sweet spot and found her own connections with readers with her nicely priced Kindle offerings, including Amber Eyes, Stay With Me, Seducing Simon, Reckless: A Red Hot Summer Story, Sweet Seduction, Sweet Persuasion, Sweet Surrender, Love Me, Still, Brazen, Be With Me, The Tycoon's Pregnant Mistress, and her Unbroken series (Understood (Unbroken Book 1), Overheard (Unbroken, Book 2), and Undenied (Unbroken, Book 3)).
Breach of Trust by DiAnn Mills
Snow Melts in Spring by Deborah Vogts
Tender Graces by Kathryn Magendie
Forbidden: The Sacrifice (Book 1) by Samantha Sommers
by Martha I. Finney and Duncan Mathison
But here's a breath of fresh air! Big Six publisher Simon & Schuster has done some creative thinking about how to leverage the power of "free" in the Kindle Store and used the agency price-fixing model to try something new, with a substantial volume of freebies under the lusty title Swashbuckling Fantasy: 10 Thrilling Tales of Magical Adventure.
Just what do I mean by substantial?
- First, these are 10 tales by 10 authors each with her own substantial oeuvre of fantasy titles already, so of course the authors and the publisher are hoping that this process will work for them and lead readers to their other work in the same way that we have seen work so effectively with our own Free Kindle Nation Shorts program. The authors represented are
- Second, for those of you who, like me, take a look at file size and "number of locations" in an ebooks metadata and free sample before committing to a book, you'll recognize that the offering's file size of 1320 KB and its 3,936 "locations" spell a book of significant size and virtual weight.
- Third, my quick perusal of the full text indicates that, unlike many "sampler" offerings, these 10 tales appear to be just that -- tales, self-contained short stories or novellas -- rather than frustrating tastes of an excerpted chapter or two.
So, bravo, Simon & Schuster! This is just the kind of thing that the big publishers should be doing to experiment with and begin to figure out the retail marketing power of distinctive pricing and free-to-paid linkages, so we've got your back if some of the other agency price-fixing model publishers whine that you are engaging in competitive and adversarial behavior.
And, of course, we still have dozens of other freebies in the Kindle Store, in case you've missed any of them.
- Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith #4: Savior by John Jackson Miller
- The Minister's Wooing, a Penguin Classic by Harriet Beecher Stowe
- The Scent of Shadows, Free with Bonus Material (Pre-Order) by Vicki Pettersson (For release on May 11, 2010)
- The First Drop of Rain by Leslie Parrott bestselling author of Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts: Seven Questions, and Others
- A Promise to Remember
- Living and Learning with New Media: Summary of Findings from the Digital Youth Project
- The Joy of Pregnancy: The Complete, Candid, and Reassuring Companion for Parents-to-Be
- The Future of Learning Institutions in a Digital Age
- Confronting the Challenges of Participatory Culture: Media Education for the 21st Century
- Young People, Ethics, and the New Digital Media: A Synthesis from the Good Play Project
- New Digital Media and Learning as an Emerging Area and "Worked Examples" as One Way Forward
- Economic Report of the President
- Budget of the United States Government, Fiscal Year 2011
- The Civic Potential of Video Games
- Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith #1: Precipice
- Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith #3: Paragon
- The Wild's Call
- The Hunters
- The Reincarnationist Series
- A Very Special Delivery
- Baby Bonanza
- Kiss Me Deadly LINK
- Homespun Bride
- Speed Dating
- Healing For a Broken World: Christian Perspective on Public Policy
- When Night Falls
- Publish on Amazon Kindle with the Digital Text Platform
- Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith #2: Skyborn
- Hide in Plain Sight
- Slow Hands
- Irresistible Forces
- Dancing in the Moonlight
- Crime Scene at Cardwell Ranch
- His Lady Mistress
- Love Yourself and Let the Other Person Have It Your Way
- My Soul to Lose
- The Bride's Baby
- Once a Cowboy
- More Blood, More Sweat and Another Cup of Tea